Re: Mount fat32 partition

Hi Folks,

I tried to do this very thing over the weekend for a buddy, and I got the same errors:

mount -t vfat /dev/hda8 /mnt/win

Unfortunately, I got this message :

mount : wrong fs type, bad option bad superblock on /dev/hda8, or too
may mounted file systems.

Haven't tried an fdisk -l but the hardware browser program (/usr/bin/hwbrowser) reports that partition as an unknown filesystem. Has anybody been able to use Windows XP SP2 to make a FAT/FAT32 partition and then get it mounted under Fedora Core 2 ? Any pointers would be good. Thanks.

PS: When my buddy booted back into Windows the FAT partition said do you want to format and put an FS on it, basically he shit a brick, but used some recovery tools to get to the files that he has on that partition (phew). So don't know what is going on there unless XP SP2 is quite crap like the rest of the OS that it doesn't know what is going on.

	Cheers,

	Aly.

-- Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi@xxxxxxxxx

	 "A good speech is like a good dress