Anyone got ACLs working in FC2

I have tried to use Posix ACLs in FC2 but I ever get "operation not
supported".

I just cut and paste examples from the manpages (after changing
names to protect the innocent) but to no avail.  I checked what I
was doing with  the --test option and the setfacl command didn't
complain (so it wasn't a syntactic error).

With an strace I can see that it is the kernel who is answering
"ENOTSUPPORTED" to setfacl.

It is the vanilla kernel from FC2 (who is supposed to be compiled
with Posix ACLs) and the filesystem is ext3 (who is supposed to
have been compiled with ACL support).

It could be that the partition hasn't been formatted with ACL support
(the formatting was made by the installer) but I haven't seen any
option in mkfs.ext3 or tune2fs for ACL support.

BTW I have the same problem when trying to set attributes: operation not
supported.

			JFM