Re: K3B no devices seen as normal user

Clint Harshaw wrote/ha scritto, On/il 13/09/2004 02:06:

Phil Savoie wrote:

Hello,

How do normal users use k3b? As root I have no problem as all devices are seen.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Hi Phil,

The kernel developers felt cd burning by non-root users posed a security risk. They are working on the issue. In the meantime, see if this will help:

http://penguinsolutions.org/fedora/cdrw/

There are work-arounds in the tutorial for using the existing kernel, booting an earlier kernel, and (in case, like me, you deleted the earlier kernel before you realized it didn't have this bug ;-) re-installing an earlier kernel.

Hope this helps!
Clint

Generally speaking: is this issue only for k3b or also for other burning application (as XCDroast)?? because here XCDroast seems to properly setup the burner as normal user...but not K3b

--

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla 1.7.2 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2
    Uso Mozilla 1.7.2 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2
		www.montagnani.org