Re: unix box to send sms to mobile

jim martin wrote:

Hi..Dear Gurus, I am very interested in implementing
SMS client that send sms to mobile. Anyone heard about
it before. I came across this URL www.smsclient.org. But the support is very little. Anyone used it before
?? 1)Anyone heard of smsclient software can be installed
in Windows ?? I ask this because I find hard to get a
modem work on my Linux Box
2)I failed to get my modem work with my Linux box,
FC2. May I know is there any Recommended Modem
Hardware confirmed to be work on Red Hat 8,9, FC1, FC2
?

If you purchase ANY SERIAL EXTERNAL 56K modem, it is bound to work, I haven't found one that hasn't yet.

Most of the modem trouble in Linux seems to stem from these stupid winmodem things.

3)Is there any Linux Version that proven to be able to
installed smsclient? Which Vendor/Version for example Red Hat 7.0 8.0/ 9.0 or Fedora Core1, 2 and etc?

Sorry I couldn't answer any of your other questions.

Regards,
Ed.