Re: Allowing telnet connection

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 05:17:35PM -0500, Barry Bourdage wrote:
> I am trying to lean more about the local security on a machine. I have
a new install, I can SSH to the box, but not telnet. I have added my
ip range in the allow file, I have turned off the firewall option. What
else am I missing to allow telnet from a local network.

> Barry

You need to turn on the telnet server in xinetd.d

	chkconfig telnet on

You say you've added sites to hosts.allow and adjusted the firewall.
This should finish off turning telnet on.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury     `- -'
RHCT                   U