Re: Yum problems

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:16:46 -0400, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

> OK, so basically for _normal_ users, when mail clients deploy gpg as a
> detached sig, the only reasonable way to verify or if needed, decrypt
> the message would be to choose a similar mailclient...

Yes, one that implements PGP/MIME support.

> That's so much like
> M$'s way of thinking that I wouldn't choose to use that method even if I
> "liked" any of the gui mail clients...

Can you explain that theory of thinking further?

> Especially when/if a user of such
> a mail client wants to verify, or decrypt some ascii armored message
> body from me, all they should need to do is to save the message as a
> temporary text file, and run a command line utility on it,

... and run into problems when some mail relay converted the original
content encoding to something else, e.g. 8-bit to quoted-printable or
vice versa.

> Works for me!
>
> - --
  ^^^^ This is an ugly side-effect of inlined PGP signing. The
signature separator is escaped with a leading '- ', and most--if not
all--mail user agents won't recognize it anymore. E.g. I had to strip
off your overlong signature manually. Signatures should not exceed
four lines of text.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
loadavg: 1.04 1.32 1.35