Re: Red Hat nash problem

On Sep 10, 2004, at 5:29 PM, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 12:00:08PM +0100, Paul Furness wrote:

Hmmm. It looks like it's taking its time detecting the SCSI devices. All

Detection of SCSI devices can take a long time, a very long time.

I left the machine trying to boot over night. I really don't think it should take 12+ hours.

Absent devices are discovered with a timeout that can be VERY long.
This may be one of the cases where you want to disable hardware
rediscovery in the normal boot sequence once a full discovery had
taken place.

How can I disable the hardware (re)discovery?

Bottom line is that devices that are healthy will be quick.  It is the
empty holes that take time.

I have a SCSI RAID device with only 3/6 hard drive slots filled. I don't think that should make it take a LONG time to boot.

Thanks,
Jeremy