Re: VNC server to another linux machine?

Andrew Konosky wrote:

I have my FC2 machine able to connect to a VNC server running on my brothers windows 98 machine. I just installed Suse 9.1 on the windows 98 machine, and I am trying to set up a VNC server on it. The hostname under both OS's is 'carl.' The vnc server starts and runs, but I can't connect to it from my machine. When he is using windows, the command is vnc:/carl:0, but that doesn't work when the other machine is running Suse. The vnc server starts on display 5, but vnc:/carl:5 doesn't work, nor does using the default port# of 5900. What am I missing here?

Firewall?

Regards,
Ed.