Re: Yum problems

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

The current yum and the new are not compatible. The new one uses
metadata stored in xml files. This is not supported by current mirror
servers - just as this yum repository format is not official.

Ah, ok.

Revert back to the stable yum, this is 2.0.7 for FC2.

Ok (and now I've got to expose my ignorance here)...can you tell me how to do this? Does yum provide some mechanism to rollback? Or do I just say "yum update yum-2.0.7" (or something like that).

Again, I'm sorry to ask what must surely be a simple question, but I'm very new to both linux and yum...

Thanks for your help!
Christian

Christian Cryder
Internet Architect, ATMReports.com
Project Chair, BarracudaMVC - http://barracudamvc.org
"Coffee? I could quit anytime, just not today"