Update3: Fedora FC2 Install Failure

Well,

Asus P4PE 2.6Ghz 512M Ram
S3Virge PCI 4M Video
160 G IDE (2 80 g partitions for windows)
40 G IDE for Linux
NO SATA attachments

Currently running Windows XP and Redhat 9 off of separate hard disks...

I ran through the boot sequence again for installation of FC2 off of the cd

text portion of the boot works fine

Get to /sbin/loader

All is well.  Blue screen with Fedora Core displayed.

Get popup on USB driver install
Get Popup on Sata_Promise driver install

Thats it... Hang.  After about 1 minute screen fills with funny characters
and hard reset required to clear

I also tried the boot disk recommended for the P4P800 motherboard issue.
Seems to get to the same spot in the boot sequence before hanging in the
same way...

I have also tried several parameters on the boot (probably Including some
that do not exist  8^)  )
nofb nousb nosata noprobe

At this point I would suspect a problem with the SATA driver/subsystem as
that is the last message/screen I get.. Not sure what comes after that point
in the normal load sequence.

Thanks for the help.

John Best
jbest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx