Re: How to disable a USB camera

Hello again. searching in redhat bugzilla I found what was my problem.
This webcam has a mic integrated that is detected as a USB sound
card0. Sound card in motherboard was card1. and mixer doen't work
properly. To force motherboard card like card0 I must add a options
line for sound module in /etc/modprobe.conf like this:

alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
# NOTE: snd-inte8x0 is my sound-card module
alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=1

afther reboot sound works properly and cat /proc/asound/cards is like:

0 [ICH5           ]: ICH - Intel ICH5
                     Intel ICH5 at 0xfa301000, irq 201
1 [U0x46d0x8b2    ]: USB-Audio - USB Device 0x46d:0x8b2
                     USB Device 0x46d:0x8b2 at usb-0000:00:1d.7-4.1, full speed