Re: X.Org font problem

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 11:56, Mark Haney wrote:

> Would it make any difference if I mention the fact that at some point
> yesterday my /home partition was completely full?

Bingo as to the cause.... Now to try to find the solution....  I know
when an X server starts it needs to write to /tmp and the user's home
directory.....

Another thing I find is that it is only broken on the one user.  You
could create a second user and try running "startx" from that user (make
sure you login as that user, do not use su)....

Presuming that second user is good, then start comparing some of the
files in the home directories...

I think someone more X oriented may need to jump in now, though....

--Rob