Re: USB keyx with FC2....

Am Di, den 07.09.2004 schrieb ysdg@xxxxxxx um 19:22:

> I know this topic must have been treated many times but here is my problem :

This is no real excuse. If you dig the list archive you will find enough
discussions about usage of USB sticks on FC1/2. And you'll find hints to
debug things if it does not work like expected.

> I just installed FC2 (though I had some problems with my ASUS motherboard) and
> updated everything. With FC1, I was used to mount my usbkeys with the following
> command :
> mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/removable

The partition hasn't hardly changed. So it will still be sda1.

> It doesn't work anymore... I used many other mounting point such as sda sda2
> sda3... sdb sdb1 ... but nothing worked.

Blind trials make not much sense.

> I launched the hardware browser to see the mounting point of my usbkey and
> here... NOTHING ! It doesn't appear .....

Take the stick out. Run a terminal with "tail -f /var/log/messages" and
observe the syslog when plugging in the USB stick. There must come up
some messages. "fdisk -l" should show you the drive and it's
partition(s). If you tricked already too much and messages output keeps
emptry when plugging and unplugging then do a reboot - with stick not
connected. Retry with syslog observation.

> HAVE A CLUE ?

No reason to shout out.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 19:28:32 up 8 days, 16:45, load average: 0.28, 0.34, 0.35