Re: Changing Console Resolution

Scott Talbot wrote:

I don't remember where it is now, there is a list that contains all of the codes for multiple resolutions. On the kernel line in your grub.conf add vga=792 will get you a high res screen somewhere about 50 lines IIRC. You can alternately put vga=ask which will nag you at boot for a resolution.

Scott

So far so good, thanks. Now on boot my console briefly flips to the new mode but then switches back to the default. This seems to be driven by /etc/rc.sysinit which calls /sbin/setsysfont. Anyone know what the recommended way to customise this would be? Edit rc.sysinit? Or change $SYSFONT? (in which case, where, and to what)?

Suggestions as to what to read to find out how to make these kinds of changes would be welcome.