SANE (Was: Verizon DSL)

On Saturday 04 September 2004 12:53 am, Joseph Gumbosky wrote:
> Thank you to everyone for your kind advice.
>
> Allen, I did as you said...three times.  It worked correctly on the third
> try.  (It's probably my own fault.)  I'm using evolution (But not now.  Your
> messages are on my C disk.)
Glad  to help.
IMO: An easier and better long term solution is to get yourself a router, but that's
a totally different subject.

>  Fedora's really neat with both Gnome and KDE. I notice that there doesn't
> seem to be any support with SANE, though.  Oh well, I'll never complain
> about a free OS.  Especially one that's this good.

Make sure the sane-backends RPM is installed.
After that, if scanning still does not work then you'll need more specific help
dependent on which scanner you have.  I can help you with an HP scanner (I have an all-in-one unit)
The KDE scanner front end is called 'kooka' and I think it's pretty good.

Regards,
Alen