Re: Image Editing slow in Fedora

Douglas Furlong wrote:

Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:02:56 -0600

Do you not have web space where you can place the image and post a link?
If not send the file to me off list, and I'll post a link to it for you.
I am fairly certain there is a not so dormant hornets nest that you'd be
whacking with a cattle prod if you posted that to the list ;)

This as now available at www.dark-hill.co.uk/00015-2.tif

I downloaded this file twice and I could not view anything in 4 different programs. While openning it in the gimp, I received a whole slew of error messages.

I couldn't convert the file with ImageMagick.

I tried different conversion programs and in all cases I got errors. Either the file is corrupt or the program that is doing the saving has a bug. I would suspet the latter as I could pull some info out of the graphic.

This was in the tiff header:
Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 4
Software: "Oi/GFS, writer v00.06.02"

00015-2.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 32934 (0x80a6) ignored.

This is one of the error messages that I received.
Fax4Decode: Warning, 00015-2.tif: Line length mismatch at scanline 159 (got 10816, expected 10800).

There were a whole lot of these above messages.

If the compression is corrupt, then any graphics program could endup looping. I ran top while loading the graphic and with three different programs, the memory would keep climbing.

Try saving the graphic in a different format after scanning or uncompressed. See how that works.

--
Robin Laing