Re: Install problem

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 05:44, Matthias Bauw wrote:
> Are you able to install FC2 or are you unable to start the
> installation program due to that problem?
>
> If you can't start the installation program, try starting it using the
> "linux text" command at the prompt, some problems with grafics cards
> are solved after installing
>
> it worked for me :)
>
> grtz
>
> DragonEye

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see why your x server failed

Check your bios settting for the internal graphics card

lspci, see what video card it is, probably Intel

Confirm you chose the right setting for video card and monitor

Edit your inittab, change
"id:5:initdefault:"
"id:3:initdefault:"
That will boot with no x server, much easier for troubleshooting this
type of problem

See if your video card is supported by xorg.

I stopped having any of these type of issues myself since I switches to
using only ATI cards, they seem to have the best driver support in
Linux. Keep in mind, that brand spanking new stuff will always be a
risky move, as the drivers are unlikely to be ready for prime time.

Ted