Re: Yum UPDATE vs UPGRADE

William Hooper wrote:
>Hans Christian Studt said:
>>I have found at least one case where the UPDATE option do not fully
>>replace the depreciated UPGRADE option.
>It was never meant to.  The replacement for "upgrade" is:
>
>yum --obsoletes update
>
>http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-January/msg00382.html

OK, I understand that.

I find it strange though that kernel-source (see my first mail regarding this issue) is considered obsolete, as I and possible many others nVidia owners need kernel-source to install the nVidia video drivers.

Is this situation satisfying ?

Mvh Hans Christian Studt
Private +45 48 79 79 89
Mobile +45 29 23 54 14