Re: Dead and silent Mozilla

Pages, and pages, and pages of stuff. However, no longer necessary to
send it. Apparently I was trying to install a Java VM plugin a few days
ago, and I was sleepy and tired, and it not only didn't work but also
broke Mozilla in the process.

This one should be an easy one.. download the right version of java for you, and

ln -s /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_03/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so /usr/local/mozilla/plugins/

ensure you select the right mozilla/plugins  dir and the right j2re directory.

You want to use the ns610-gcc32 for current versions of mozilla via rpm, or current compiled versions.. There is a different when using gcc 3.2 and newer.

Now, back to installing that blasted Java VM plugin. Clearly plugins are
one area where either I'm clueless, or there's a great deal of
improvement to be made.

They are fairly cut and dry for the copying or linking.. but on that same page, Plugins need to be easier for mozilla/firefox in general.. especially for the win32 users. Having to re-install them most of the time (Some plugins require to be installed system wide) when you upgrade isn't acceptable.

--
netmask