SP2 vs MBR????

    Has anyone installed the Windows XP SP2 update on a dual boot
RedHat Linux/Windows XP box? Does the process of applying the SP2
update overwrite GRUB in the MBR? I have some RedHat Linux machines
running dual boot with the Promise RAID drivers under both
RAID drivers under both Linux and Windows XP. So I am leary of
installing SP2 if it is going to nuke the GRUB in the MBR requiring
me to resort to the Linux rescue disk and Promise driver floppy
to reinstall GRUB. I would rather not go through that. Thanks in
advance for any information on this.
                    Jack