Re: ip-down and ip-down.local problem

Sam wrote:

hi, i installed FC2 and for some odd reason /etc/ppp/ip-down and
ip-down.local aren't being called when i run adsl-stop. ip-up and
ip-up.local work just fine. could anyone help?

regards,
Sam.

Maybe it won't help you, but I actually never run adsl-start/stop. I just run ifup and ifdown (in /sbin), which, in turn, call ifup-pre-local and ifdown-pre-local, if they do exist.

I'm more experienced with FC1, where it was slightly different: there were ifup-local and ifdown-local (without 'pre'), but I guess it doesn't matter much.

Anyway, it works fine for me. I never call any script in /etc/ppp directly (I even don't want to have look there).

That's all I can tell you.

Best regards and good luck.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico