Re: Help needed -alternative method to install FC2 where CD1 no recognised

Simon Tierney wrote:

Help please FC2 boots from the Mashita DVD multi drive but after I specify
language and  keyboard type the system reads from the DVD drive then says
the FC2 disk 1 isn't present.

Did you do an MD5SUM and Media check on the disks? The command line 'cdnodma' may also help here. Also making sure the hardware configuration is correct can also help.

I have burned 3 of them, and it has been suggested that the installation program lacks a driver for the mashita.

Not unless it's SCSI. If it's standard ATAPI, is hooked up correctly, and you have a decent motherboard that does I/O properly that suggestion is wrong.

Can anyone tell me an alternative method to install FC2?

Yes, but that kind of stuff gets very complicated.

Can I strongly suggest you check the archives of this list as your problem has been covered quite a few times before...

Regards,
Ed.