RE: resolv.conf slows down X

> > If I am on a network my X works just fine and is very responsive.
> > When I unplug PC from the network and reboot X is very slow to respond.
>
> Check your "/etc/nsswitch.conf" file for a line similar to:
>
> 	hosts: dns files
>
> (or anything else before the "files" keyword).  If so, put the
> "files" keyword first:
>
> 	hosts: files dns
>
> You probably have a network-based authorization scheme such as
> NIS, kerberos or LDAP enabled and the "/etc/nsswitch.conf"
> incorrectly lists them before "files" in the host name resolution.

	Thanks for responding.

	I did check that and it is fine.
	hosts: files dns

	Also KDE is very slooooooow to start up without network.
	But once I plug in network cable as KDE starts up it springs back to
life.

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information.
It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
and destroy all copies of the original message. This communication is from TI Automotive.