Problems with SCSI controller and sym53c8xx module

Hello,

I'm running FC 2 with a 2.6.8-1.521 kernel.

My goal is to configure two or more Symbios Logic 53C875J PCI SCSI
controllers on my machine and run a couple of Unisys SCSI disk arrays
through them.
When I install only one of the Symbios controllers, everything goes
smoothly, the sym53c8xx module loads beautifully and all my SCSI devices
are attached properly.
However, when I install a second Symbios card into my machine I run into
problems. I have tried all my tricks, but I still can't get throuh the
modprobe. This is what it says:

[root@d84 root]# modprobe sym53c8xx
sym0: Symbios NVRAM, ID 14, Fast-20, HVD, parity checking
sym0: open drain IRQ line driver, using on-chip SRAM
sym0: using LOAD/STORE-based firmware.
sym0: SCSI BUS has been reset.

sym1: Symbios NVRAM, ID 15, Fast-20, HVD, parity checking
sym1: open drain IRQ line driver, using on-chip SRAM
sym1: using LOAD/STORE-based firmware.
sym1: SCSI BUS has been reset.
sym1:0:0: ABORT operation started.
sym1:0:0: ABORT operation timed-out.
sym1:0:0: DEVICE RESET operation started.
sym1:0:0: DEVICE RESET operation timed-out.
sym1:0:0: BUS RESET operation started.
sym1:0:0: BUS RESET operation timed-out.
sym1:0:0: HOST RESET operation started.
sym1: SCSI BUS has been reset.

This output is from a run where I don't have any disks physically
attached to the controllers. All ports are terminated properly. If I
attach my disk arrays, I can see the module load all the disks that are
atached to the first controller, but it still hangs in the same way as
when ran without any disks. The modprobe hangs and won't exit/finish.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem? Are there some
parameters that I should give the sym53c8xx module? Have I missed
something important in the Symbios PCI BIOS?

Thanks in advance for any ansvers!

-johan totterman