Re: Motif application is gray in FC2 instead of blue in RH9

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Karl-Olov Serrander wrote:

> I have an old motif application, compiled on RH9. When run on FC2 i get no color,
> just gray instead of the expected blue.
> Recompiling on FC2 against lesstif or openmotif also gives gray.
>
> Any ideas ?

Answering my own question:

In FC1 (and later) there are a lot of Xresources set that was not set in RH9
and earlier, it seems they are set as a part of the themes.

My solution (which works for me) was to set the following in my .Xresources
or systemwide in /etc/X11/Xresources:

! applikation linked against lesstif/openmotif
applicationname*background: #729fff
! applikation linked against openmotif also needed the following
applicationname*hightlightColor: #000000

Finding the hightlightColor resource was tricky but I found editres which helped me.

Regards
--
Karl-Olov Serrander kase@xxxxxxxx