Re: [OT] Smartd: Worth the effort

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 15:58, Angela Kahealani wrote:

> On a more modern drive we get things like this:
>
> /dev/hde :
>    1 Time(s): SMART Prefailure Attribute: 1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate changed
> from 59 to 60
>    1 Time(s): SMART Prefailure Attribute: 1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate changed
> from 59 to 61

>    1 Time(s): SMART Usage Attribute: 195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered changed
> from 62 to 61
>    1 Time(s): is SMART capable. Adding to "monitor" list.
>    1 Time(s): not found in smartd database.
>    1 Time(s): opened

    Ah, yes- so they DID get around to putting a meaning with the
bytes.  When I last remembered hearing something about it, it was much
more terse and less helpful.

    And sure; if I had a newer drive (and I hope to, in a couple of
days) surely it'll have more to say about it, aye?  :)

    Thanks for the heads-up!
Brian FahrlÃnder                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller