Re: Soundcard configuration lost following a reboot

Nick Pierpoint wrote/ha scritto, On/il 29/08/2004 21:05:

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 13:15, Michael Schwendt wrote:

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:57:22 +0100, Nick Pierpoint wrote:

My soundcard configuration is lost each time I reboot - thankfully a
rare event but annoying nonetheless.

If I reboot and run system-config-soundcard then everything is pretty
much fine. However, following a reboot the system will be silent again.

Does anyone know what system-config-soundcard actually does?

The content of /etc/modprobe.conf is untouched by by
system-config-soundcard when I run it - is this the expected behaviour
or is something awry?

I'm running FC2 - recently upgraded from RH9.

Is the soundcard listed in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf? If so, cut out the
block and run /usr/sbin/kudzu as root. Following the instructions,
you should see activity in /etc/modprobe.conf

Thanks Michael - worked a treat. The first time no changes were made to modprobe.conf but after I deleted the snd entry and repeated kudzu then it was re-created (correctly this time). The configuration is now happily still there after a reboot. Many thanks.

One outstanding issue is that there's no output from the CD player.
System sounds and xmms are fine but not output from the CD player -
still looking around for a solution though...

Thanks again.

Nick.

Is the cable connecting the CD player and the soundcard???

--

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla 1.7.2 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2
    Uso Mozilla 1.7.2 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2
		www.montagnani.org