Problem in mounting windows partition

Hi,

I am a new user of FC2. I have windows XP in two partitions (C: as NTFS
and D: as FAT32) and Linux in the other. I am trying to access the Windows
partitions from Linux, but have not been successful.

First I tried to mount the FAT32 partition. I added the following line to
/etc/fstab after logging in as root:
/dev/hda2 /mnt/win vfat rw,auto,user,exec,async 0 0
When I tried mounting this, I got the following error message-
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda2, or too many
mounted file systems (aren't you trying to mount an extended partiotion,
instead of some logical partition inside?)
Then I changed it to
/dev/hda2 /mnt/win vfat defaults 0 0
but still got the same error.

Since this didn't work, I tried to mount C: . I deleted the above line
from /etc/fstab and added the following line:
/dev/hda1 /mnt/win ntfs defaults 0 0
This gave me the error message "mount: fs type ntfs not supported by kernel".
I did "man mount" and there it specifies ntfs as one of the supported
filesystems.

Before all this, I had logged in as root, created the directory win under
/mnt and changed its permissions to 777 (so that all users can have all
types of access to the Windows partition).

Can somebody please tell me what's wrong here? Waiting for some help on
this..

thanks.