Need help configuring 3d Xserver

I am trying to use xgame to launch games on display :1.0, and it works, but it is really slow. When I run tuxracer from the KDE menu, it runs on display 0 and is smooth. No problems there. When I run it on Display 1 with xgame, it is very choppy and slow. The same happens with chromium.

I copied my existing xor.conf to a second game.conf, and xgame uses that, but what else tdo I need to do?