Re: advansys scsi == ouch

Les Mikesell wrote:

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 20:27, John McBride wrote:

What was advansys thinking when they dropped the ball on kernel 2.6? (rhetorical question).

Maybe something like 'an operating system that changes the driver
api's yearly will never catch on'?

No, I'm using linux not windos...

Anyway I went through all kinds of sh*t trying to get updated drivers and firmware for my cardreader last year, it came with 98 drivers but they would not install or work on 2K, and the firmware was useless for linux, the vender took months to get the stuff to me. Works fine on linux now, but no way to update the firmware without windos. That was an awful experience.

This probably has more to do with advansys getting sold (then sold again) plus even their 2.4 driver had a few problems on some of our boxes (sometimes they would burst messages about "vtable" or "vpointer" errors into the logs).

---
John