Re: Changing system name in network [Resolved]

Gordon Keehn wrote:

Hi, Guys
Unforeseen (and unfortunate) circumstances led me to the point where I had to change the system name of one of the PCs (Win2K), with several shared resources, on my home LAN. While the Win box was down, I changed the appropriate entries in /etc/fstab in my FC2 box to reference the new host name. However, after rebooting both systems, the Fedora Core box still appears to be mounting the shares under the old system ID. I have two sets of icons on my KDE desktop: one with the old system name, identified as mounted, and the other with the new system name. I can't dismount the old shares (which don't really exist?) and can't mount the new ones.
How do I convince Fedora that the old system name no longer exists, and it's OK to let go of the shares under the old name?
Thanks,
Gordon Keehn

It appears it WAS the router's nameserver, although I'm a bit puzzled as to HOW. Especially as I was able to print on the shared printer. In any case, I reset the router and rebooted fedora, and everything came up happy. Thanks, Paul and Yang, for your suggestions.
Cheers,
Gordon