Re: cracking winmodem issues in FC2

Hi,

From your commands I see somethings that are very different

where you are using

>  slmodemd --country=CANADA /dev/ttyS0 OK

my setup uses
smodemd --country=USA /dev/slamr0
(obviously the country is not such a big deal) but the device I think might be.

> ln -s /dev/ttySL64 /dev/modem

plus my /dev/modem is linked to /dev/ttySL0

Plus what does minicom give you? If its working at all you will at least be able to type AT commands. What does modem_test give you. The build should have made that in the slmodem-2.9.9/modem directory.

Andrew

Gabriel Mititica wrote:

Andrew:

I am running slmdm-2.9.7 and it works fine for me.

Are > you starting it with the -a option, as I
understand > that is required due to ALSA included
in 2.6 kernels. > There is a thread about this from a
couple of months > ago (Apr May -- I think) Does your
slamr module > load?

I compiled slmdm without ALSA support. I forgot to
check it the option in the .config file and on a PIII
compilation takes quite a while..

Is it ALSA essential to get this Toshiba Software
Modem AMR working?

modprobe slamr OK
slmodemd --country=CANADA /dev/ttyS0 OK
ln -s /dev/ttySL64 /dev/modem

ifup <connection> (config produced by the
/usr/bin/system-config-network) FAIL

/usr/bin/kppp FAIL

My /etc/sysconfig/slmodemd looks like this
SLMODEMD_DEVICE="slamr0"
SLMODEMD_OPTS="-a"
PERMS=666

I set the perms that way so I a normal user could

use > the modem. - Yeah

I know that's wrong but...

Maybe adding users group in sudoers list for running slmodemd?!

Regards and thanks again!
Gabriel