can't change screen resolution

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of Fedora core 2, and a newer of linux-like OS as

well.

2 days ago I installed Fedora on my notebook: acer travel mate 212T.

I already have some problems that I can't solve:

1. Screen resolution

I can't change the screen resolution: it is fixed on 800x600!

During the OS installation i tried to select "generic LCD monitor" with

different resolutions (as my monitor is not in the list). In all cases,

once installed Fedora, I can't switch the resolution to the wanted

1024x768. I tried to do that changing the Display settings in the System

Settings option panel. I select 1024x768 but I still see in 800x600

resolution.

What should I do?

2. Touch pad

My touch pad is working correctly, even if I have to touch the left

button to press the left mouse button: pressing the pad with a "touch"

it doesn't work. The "touch" isn't recognized, or something like that.

Should I configure the touch pad somewhere else?

Best regards,

Pietro