RE: CGI File Upload Problem

Hi,

> Here's the upload portion of the code. $fh is the file being uploaded that
> came from the form.
>
>         if ($line=<$fh>) {  --> THIS IS THE LINE THAT IS HAVING A PROBLEM
> UNDER FEDORA BUT WORKS UNDER RH9

To me, there looks like two things which aren't quite right here. Try

if ($line eq $fh)

and see what happens. For some reason, the <$fh> just doesn't look
right. I could be completely wrong, but unless you've just put $fh in
the <> for the purposes of this email, it's not hitting the right notes
here.

I've seen plenty of CGI scripts go insane due to either incorrect logic
or just parsing incorrectly. Using eq rather than = may help.

TTFN

Paul
--
"If I face my God tomorrow, I can tell Him I am innocent.
I've never harmed anyone. I have cheated no one.