Re: Linux-friendly ISPs?

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Thornton wrote:

> Earthlink is defiantly linux friendly.  Before they start outsourcing
> all of there support they even officially support linux.
>
> Cox doesn't official support linux but they don't try to stop you from
> using linux and there techs will walk you through as long as you know
> where to go. IE they will tell you lets change your DNS Servers and you
> need to be able to do that without step by step instructions.
>
> SpeakEasy and Covad are also linux friendly just never tell them your

I tell speakeasy I am running linux all of the time. They do not care.
They even have support pages on their web site for setting up linux.
Do not know about Covad but my Speakeasy circuit is provided by Covad
anyway.

> running linux.  As well it must be a config issue.  Try to fix it or we
> can send a truck out but it might cost you.

All sending a truck out will get you is verification that everything from
the modem out to the CO is good And if they find a problem with your house
wiring it will cost you big bucks to have them fix it. :-( This is pretty
much SOP now days, at least in the USA.

HTH,

Tom