Re: printing to XP

Hi too,

I'm just curious that is there any open
source/commercial windows software to receive raw
files from network then print as normal, so there is
no
different between if the printer is GDI or not

or is cups can running on cygwin?

--- Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Lewi
>
> On Thursday 26 Aug 2004 9:57 am, Lewi Kristianto
> wrote:
> > is there any way that we can raw print to printer
> > that attached to winxp from linux using cups,
> >
> > the problem is that printer linux don't have
> driver
> > because that's GDI printer (photocopy machine
> sharp
> > ar-5316)
> >

> What do you mean 'raw' printing?  You can select
> 'Generic' 'Raw print queue'
> as the printer type which will then send whatever
> you generate to the printer
> without messing with it.
yes, that what I meant for raw printer from
redhat-config-network (FC1)

> This does then mean that you need to generate the
> correct code within the app,
> and therefore can't use it with a normal app, such
> as OOo.
>
> Have you looked at the notes for the 'Generic' 'GDI
> Printer'?
>
> I don't think Joel's suggestion will work because as
> far as I'm aware, the
> host Windows PC doesn't do anything with an incoming
> request except SPOOL it.
> Therefore sending a postscript doc would only work
> if the printer supported
> postscript - at which point we wouldn't be having
> this thread.

yes, I can confirmed that in postcript printer can
be accept ps, but the printer will be cost more