email alias/group mgmt?

This isn't specific to fedora but maybe there is some packaged
solution so I'll ask anyway.  Is there a good way to handle a
lot of local mail group addresses?  I've been keeping them
in separate text files using :include:/path/to/file in sendmail's
alias file.  This works great, allows nesting of groups and
weeds out duplicates.  The catch is that when a user's login
is deleted he must now be deleted from all of those separate
files or the sender will get error messages.  Is there a handy
way to keep things in sync or at least test all the expansions
in /etc/alias without actually sending anything?

---
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx