Re: printing to XP

Lewi Kristianto wrote:

is there any way that we can raw print to printer that attached to winxp from linux using cups,

As other's have said... I don't think there's a way to get this will work. However,
it may be an acceptable kludge to set-up a network share on the Windows PC that
waits for PDF files, and then prints them through Adobe when they appear.

the problem is that printer linux don't have driver
because that's GDI printer (photocopy machine sharp
ar-5316)

so the only hope is using xp only as print server

any idea, suggestions please?

One item to read is here... http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Generic-GDI_Printer

Also - for the archives...

Many "networked photocopiers" actually speak PCL 3 (set up CUPS to speak to
an HP LaserJet 4000).  Toshiba and Konica have been known to produce these.

That said, a "GDI" printer is unlikely to speak any standard
printer/rastering language.