RE: Extra users!

> --------------------
> I'm using Fedora Core 2 with kde 3.3.0-1.0.2.kde and my gkrellm process
> monitor is showing four users, except that this is a stand-alone and not
> connected to any network [except the internet], and I'm the only user.
>
> So how do I find out what these other processes are, and then how do I kill
>them please?
>
>Sharon.

The command ps aux
will tell you all the processes which are running along with the users
running the each process.

My machine which is currently idling along has
processes by:

stymar  <me>
root
apache
xfs
mysql
lp
ntp
rpcuser
rpc
daemon

Besides me these are all system proceses.  Could the program be
detecing some system processes?