Re: How to debug binary-only modules and binaries

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Guolin Cheng wrote:

>  Nowadays it is not rare that we Linux FC1 users have to use binary-only
> modules or user-space binaries, and even worse, those binaries are
> reporting problems from time to time.
>
>  Are there any tools can we use to debug these binary-only user-space
> programs and kernel-space modules at first hand?

There's no point in debugging something unless you have the sources to fix
the problem, or you're in touch with someone who has the sources...

FWIW, gdb *can* debug binary-only apps. It just won't print out the source
code for you during the debugging session. :-)

Cheers,
-- Elliot
The daring is in the doing

http://people.redhat.com/sopwith/