Re: Extra users!

Sharon Kimble wrote:

I'm using Fedora Core 2 with kde 3.3.0-1.0.2.kde and my gkrellm process monitor is showing four users, except that this is a stand-alone and not connected to any network [except the internet], and I'm the only user.

So how do I find out what these other processes are, and then how do I kill them please?

You probably have some terminal windows open. Type 'w' at a command prompt to see who is logged in and what they are running. The FROM field will tell you where the user is logged in from (:0.0 is on the local display).

To kill a user, you can try killall <username>. I have not tried that with linux, but it worked for a unix machine I had.