Re: 2.6.8 kernel and CD-RW

Mark Haney wrote:

What's the story with the latest stock kernel (.521) and CD burners? The .494 kernel works just fine with my Samsung CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive but
the newest one only sees it as a standard CD-ROM drive. I tried
bugzilla, but didn't get anything (or I'm a lousy writer of queries for
it).

Any news on this?

There were several threads on this last week. Did you look in the archives? The short answer is that it will work if you burn as root and not an unprivileged user.