Re: Fedora2 and WindowsXP success?

No, I haven't completely ruled out hardware problems.  It may well be a bad cable or motherboard.  It is in an air conditioned office and the computer does have a couple case fans.

I agree that normally windows and linux don't tread on each other unless you mount the partition (which I didn't even install the NTFS support for FC2).  However, the first time this happened, I already had WinXP and FC2 installed and re-booted in both a couple times.  I was running FC2 at the time of the crash which caused both windows and FC2 to crash on boot up (it made it past GRUB, but not far).

As another linux helper pointed out to me, there is a bug with the FC2 that causes the hard disk geometry reported in the partition table to be altered durin installation.  The results of which are exactly a problem I saw early in this debacle.

However, I still do not have an explanation for the first crash.

James Wilkinson <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ..