Re: kernel 2.6.8 and wine

Thus spake Geoffrey Leach:
> On 08.24 07:24, Joel Uckelman wrote:
>
> > I have a question about the interaction between the current kernel
> > (2.6.8-1.521) and the current version of Wine (20040813). I can run
> > programs in Wine as root, but when I try to run the same programs as
> > a normal user, Wine fails with some error messages like this:
> <snip>
>
> FWIW, I have no problems running wine from the command line with a
> locally-compiled 2.6.8 kernel.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. Here's what I've discovered:
The problem I described happens only when I try to run Windows batch files
through 'wine start.exe'. The programs called from my batch file run fine
on their own, and as a non-privileged user. (I should have tried this right
off, before bothering anyone; I don't know why that didn't occur to me then.)

This suggests that the problem is with Wine's start.exe, and not with the
Fedora stock kernel. So it's back to the Wine list, this time with the problem
a bit more localized.

Thanks again!