Reclaiming Mozilla filetypes after xine install

After installing xine (and gxine), I find filetypes that once played
in xmms now play in gxine--specifically *.pls files.  I've fudged
around with mime.types trying to reclaim the filetype for xmms,
without success.

Short of uninstalling xine, how can I make .pls files play with xmms,
and not with the gxine Mozilla plugin?

Thanks in advance,

       JL

--