Re: iptables - lo interface problem

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Rodolfo Alcázar wrote:

> > Errr, this is a classic case for a split DNS setup, you need to setup
> > DNS to point to it's DMZ interface on/within the firewall, or just add
> > it in the hosts file, don't try to connect to the external interface
> > and use the NAT, it don't work that way. I could be wrong.
> >
> > Yang
>
> Thanks, Yang. I didn´t heard about split DNS setup. I will try it. Best
> regards.

In the meantime, you can use something like this (I used this until split
DNS came into play on my network):

$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i internal-interface -d your.external.ip.address -j DNAT --to your.internal.destination.IP
$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o internal-interface -d  -s your.internal.netowrk/netmask -j SNAT  --to firewall's.internal.ip.address
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit