Re: how do i..

I would like to note that I'm too new here to know if this sort of thing is considered off-topic on this particular list or not. I suspect it is. So, it's probably worth mentioning that there are several forums that cater to scripting and programming. LinuxQuestions.org is a good place to start...

Mr. Oberoi wrote:

following is bit of code that i am having trouble with

It appears that you retyped your sample code snippet/error message by hand because they don't exactly match. Hard to diagnose without an exact cut and paste.

the error i get is

./parta.assesment: line 122: syntax error near
unexpected token `('
./parta.assesment: line 122: `      echo -n "Error
occurred.  Continue (y/n/a)? "'

and i cant figure out what is wrong with that echo
statement????

There is nothing directly wrong with your echo statement. However - the fact that it's blowing up makes me wonder if there is not a quote mis-balance prior to that line?

Good luck,
Gary Allen Vollink
--
Admin/User of Fedora Core 2 for 8 days.
Admin/User of RedHat EL ES v 3 for 7 months.