Re: vim command not working in rescue disk

Soo Sip Boon wrote:
> my fedora 2 cannot start , so i have to boot from
> rescue disk. i used vim to as a command based text
> editor to change the configuration. i am able to open
> the program, but i fail to change anything. when i
> press up and down, it not moving. when i press delete
> key, it change the capital letter to upper case. when
> i press any alphabert, it not working at all.
>
> any other text editor that can be use in rescue mode?
> or any solution to used the vim?

Sounds like a terminal problem to me. What happens if you type (in
command mode):
set term
In the meantime, you can use the h, j, k and l keys to move around
(again, in command mode) and x to delete.

For more command keys, see a vi reference manual.

Good luck!

James.
--
E-mail address: james | "It was rare to catch His Holiness at the moment of
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | transformation into the Infallible Hulk."