Kernel Update problem (eth0)

When I updated the kernel from the original one on the CD install, I
noticed the I can't get on the internet unless I manually start it after
I have booted up.  I have all Packeages updated.  What so you think
could be the problem.  Along with this error is one other located in
Kernel Update Problem (sound)  Perhaps it an IRQ thing.
Thanks