Re: Gaim.pm perl module bug

On 08.22 11:01, michel LeBlond wrote:
I am very much wanting to code perl plugins for Gaim.
When I use call Gaim in my scripts the following error is
generated.

perl: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Gaim/ Gaim.so:
undefined symbol: gaim_perl_callXS
[michel@localhost plugins]$

I have tried renaming the perl module that came with Fedora 2 and
installing just that piece from the Gaim.rpm.   The Perl module was
resinstalled fine.  Only problem is it still generates the same error

Try installing the module from source. There's two ways to do this.

1. Go to a CPAN site, such as http://search.cpan.org/ and download the source. Unpack the module, cd to the directory and issue these commands: perl Makefile.PL; make; make test; make install (assuming all went well)

2. Use the cpan script that was installed with perl. It will take a while to set up, but it will automate the process for subsequent installs.